We are learning more and more about the many benefits of marijuana. There are few herbs that offer the wide variety of therapeutic applications that marijuana offers. Medicinal marijuana refers to the use of cannabis as a medical therapy to treat disease or alleviate symptoms. There are many benefits associated with using medical marijuana.
1. Medicinal marijuana alleviates the following symptoms.
- Multiple sclerosis: Marijuana can help with the muscle pain, tension, spasticity, tremors, stiffness, and unsteadiness associated with the disease.
- Cancer: It slows the spread of cancer cells. It also helps reduce the chemotherapy-related nausea and vomiting in cancer patients.
- HIV: It can stop HIV from spreading throughout the body. THC, an active ingredient in cannabis, is effective in stopping the spread of HIV.
- AIDS: It can reduce the nausea, loss of appetite, and vomiting from the condition and from the medications.
- Alzheimer's disease: It slows the progression of Alzheimer's by blocking an enzyme responsible for the progression of the disease.
- PTSD: For those suffering post-traumatic stress disorder, marijuana naturally regulates the system in the body and brain that causes fear and anxiety.
- Epilepsy: Marijuana can prevent epileptic seizures.
- Tourette's syndrome: Marijuana alleviates symptoms including tics and behavioural problems.
- Glaucoma: Marijuana decreases the pressure inside the eye, preventing blindness for those who suffer from glaucoma.
- Crohn's disease: Marijuana can help reduce the pain, vomiting, diarrhea, and weight loss associated with Crohn's disease.
- Parkinson's disease: Marijuana can significantly reduce the pain and tremors experienced by Parkinson's disease patients. It will also improve sleep and fine motor skills.
- Migraines: Marijuana can minimize the effects of a migraine headache. The side effects are minimal when compared to the various pills disseminated to patients suffering from severe migraines.
2. Medical marijuana relieves pain.
It is used to relieve chronic pain. Its anti-inflammatory pain relief is effective in treating a number of conditions. The effects are more powerful than aspirin. People turn to medicinal marijuana as a source of relief when suffering from neuropathic pain, which is commonly caused by alcoholism, amputation, spine surgery, HIV, or MS.
3. Medicinal marijuana relieves depression, anxiety, and ADHD.
ADHD is a behavioural disorder that can impair daily functioning. Many ADHD patients also suffer from other neurological disorders like bipolar, OCD, depressions, anxiety, and sleep disorders. Marijuana has anti-anxiety and anti-depressant effects. It is safer and less addictive than traditional stimulant medications.
4. Medicinal marijuana can help with opiate addiction.
It can reduce dependence on addictive opiate-based medication. Marijuana can help ease addiction cravings. It is a much safer alternative. It is used as a harm-reduction medicine for patients addicted to opiates.
5. Medicinal marijuana can help with other neurological damage.
Individuals who have suffered from concussions or strokes may benefit from the use of marijuana. After stroke or trauma, marijuana can limit neurological damage. Cannabis may help stroke recovery.
6. Medicinal marijuana is connected to lower insulin levels in diabetics.
Users of marijuana appear to have better carbohydrate metabolism than nonusers. Cannabis compounds may help control blood sugar, lowering the risk of developing diabetes.
7. Medicinal marijuana can help treat certain sleep disorders such as insomnia.
Since marijuana relieves anxiety and improves overall mood and sense of well-being, it can help you get a more restful sleep.
As you can see, there are many benefits associated with the use of medical marijuana. Whether you are suffering from migraines, diabetes, insomnia, cancer, depression, MS, chronic pain, or addiction, medical marijuana might alleviate symptoms.